Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Another BBQ sauce,but this one isn't your usual sauce!!!! From an episode of BBQ with Bobby Flay,this is an interesting twist on sauces-looks like it is a chicken baster and ulitmately a sauce/dip maybe too? Not sure if I can get anyone else in my house to eat this one with me....but I bet it is Terrific!
- 4 cups mayonnaise
- 3 cups apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- prepared horseradish, to taste
- lemon juice, to taste
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a very large blender or food processor. (It may be necessary to do this in 2 batches; just add 1/2 of each ingredient and then repeat.).
- Blend for 1 minute, or until thoroughly combined and mixture is smooth.
- Pour sauce into a large bowl.
- Use when grilling chicken; brush lightly over the chicken during the last few minutes of grilling.
- This sauce is also great for dipping; set some sauce aside for passing at the table.
great sauce addition to your next bbq! i was looking for a white bbq sauce like my stepdad makes and this was very close to his! i made 3 bbq sauces for my pulled pork bbq: gates copycat sauce, a north carolina vinegar sauce and this. having a trio of homemade sauces was a hit!! thanks for posting!
I also made only 1/4 the recipe and followed MamaKitchen's amounts for the horseradish and lemon juice. I think it was a bit runnier than I like so next time I may decrease the amount of vinegar.
Different sauce. I made 1/4 of the recipe which made 1/2 quart. I added about 1 T horseradish and 2 T lemon juice. This was tangy and slightly sweet. Great with chicken. Thanks for sharing a unique recipe Mommy!