Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
If you've ever been to Northern Alabama, you've been to Big Bob Gibson's. Their award winning barbecue dishes are a must-have for visitors and natives alike. Even Oprah Winfrey had this and loved it.
- 1 quart mayonnaise
- 3⁄4 quart apple cider vinegar
- 1⁄2 cup corn syrup
- 1⁄4 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon prepared horseradish
- 1⁄2 teaspoon lemon juice
- fresh ground black pepper
- Place all ingredients in a very large blender or food processor.
- (It may be necessary to do this in 2 batches; just add 1/2 of each ingredient and then repeat.) Blend for 1 minute, or until thoroughly combined and mixture is smooth.
- Pour sauce into a large bowl.
- Use when grilling chicken; brush lightly over the chicken during the last few minutes of grilling.
- This sauce is also great for dipping; set some sauce aside for passing at the table.
- Pour over those chickens you buy roasted at the grocery for a real easy treat.
We stopped at Gibson's on our way through Alabama and I couldn't wait to try this when I got home. I tried several different recipes but this one tasted the most like what we got there. I love it and put it over the roasted chicken at the grocery. Thanks.
Never been to Alabama and this is my first time trying this sauce. I printed out 3 versions of the sauce and made them all for a beer-butt chicken bbq tonight. Thought this one was too thin and too vinegary. I understand that the vinegar flavored bbq sauce is a regional thing, but for this California girl--way too much.