Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a combination of several recipes I've tried for blueberry muffins. The real key is the yogurt - use your favorite fruit flavor! it doesn't have to be blueberry, i've made it with raspberry and other flavors with great results. its great for experimenting with new flavors.
- Preheat oven to 375 deg.
- Grease a 12-cup muffin tin.
- Mix flour, oats, baking posder, baking soda and salt.
- In a seperate bowl, beat butter, sugar and eggs until smooth.
- Add half of the dry ingredients to the wet, and half of the yogurt; mix until just combined.
- Add the remaining dry ingredients and yogurt, mix together.
- When they are almost combined, begin folding in the blueberries (gently, so they don't get squashed).
- Fill the muffin tins (they will be very full, which makes for great big muffin-tops).
- Bake for 25-30 minutes, or until a toothpick comes out clean.
- I've had the best results with frozen berries because they stay solid during mixing. Just makes sure you give them a rinse in hot water to get all the ice off them, and even thaw them a bit. Also, dry them off before adding them (you don't want extra moisture).