Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This came from my childhood days of baking with mom. I came across it in her recipe box and it brought back yummy memories. Here it is with no eggs and low cholesterol
- 3 bananas, ripe
- 3⁄4 cup honey
- 1⁄4 cup butter, melted
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 dash salt
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- Mash bananas with a potato masher or fork.
- Add butter then baking soda, flour and honey.
- Mix well.
- Pour into lightly greased bread pan.
- Bake 350 degrees for 1 hour.
I liked the idea of an egg less banana bread and the use of honey. It looked great when it came out of the oven. However, it fell flat a few minutes after that and we were left with an almost raw bread. That was after baking it for nearly 15 more minutes and checking it with a toothpick. I also thought the honey flavor was a bit too strong.