Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
A large tender berry packed muffin that is on the lighter side but with all of the taste! Use a medium to large muffin pan and fill cups 3/4 full.
- 1⁄2 cup canola oil
- 3⁄4 cup low-fat buttermilk
- 1⁄2 cup Egg Beaters egg substitute
- 1 3⁄4 all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 3 tablespoons Splenda brown sugar blend
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1⁄2 cup blackberry (or blueberries)
- 1⁄2 cup raspberries (fresh or frozen)
- Preheat your oven to 400. Line your muffin pan with cupcake papers or grease cups liberally.
- In a large bowl, whisk together oil, buttermilk and eggs. In a seperate bowl, whisk together dry ingredients. Add the dry mixture to the liquid and stir until just combined. Gently fold in the berries.
- Fill each muffin cup to 3/4 full.
- Bake the muffins in the preheated oven for 25-30 minutes or until golden brown and tester comes out fairly clean.
Very lovely muffins! I took a few liberties with the ingredients, but I think it had little impact on the final product. I made my own buttermilk (skim + lemon juice), used 2 whole eggs rather than Egg Beaters and subbed half of the oil with natural applesauce. The only thing we noticed is that we prefer a sweeter muffin and next time I'll try adding 3 T. regular Splenda, along with the brown sugar blend. Each muffin rose beautifully and melted in our mouths. Thanks TaterBug!