Prep 10 mins
Cook 22 mins
These muffins bake up big and beautiful and have a good bit of orange flavor. They make a great presentation when drizzled with softened cream cheese frosting and topped with a single flower.
- 3 cups flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 10 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon orange extract
- 1 orange, zest of (about 1 Tablespoon or more)
- 1 1⁄2 cups orange flavored yogurt
- Spray muffin tins with Pam.
- Do not use paper liners.
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Blend all dry ingredients (flour, baking powder, salt, soda) and set aside.
- In large bowl, mix butter, sugar, eggs and extracts.
- Mix until light and fluffy.
- Slowly mix in flour mixture and yogurt.
- Add orange peel and stir until blended.
- Spoon batter (it will be thick) into muffin tins.
- The batter should come almost to the top of the tin.
- Bake at 375 for 22 minutes.
These are delicious! Orangy and moist. I doubled the orange extract and I sprinkled the top of each muffin with sugar before baking.
VERY GOOD recipe. Mine made 6 large muffins AND a loaf pan of bread which was also very good. I added a little more orange extract. I would recommend this recipe highly!!!
This recipe made 7 large muffins..I would omit the vanilla and add a full tsp orange extract.I would like them to look more orange also,I would add food coloring..I sprinkled the tops with sugar...