Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
I have been looking for a hearty garden vegatable soup. After combining a few recipes this is the end result. Tons of veggies and flavor ! A hit with my roommates.
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup onion (chopped)
- 1 cup celery
- 1 teaspoon garlic (minced)
- 1 1⁄2 cups sliced mushrooms
- 2 cups canned diced potatoes (1 lg can)
- 1 tablespoon basil
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 tablespoons italian seasoning
- 6 cups chicken broth
- 12 ounces vegetable juice (1 can of v8 juice)
- 3 cups water
- 4 cups diced tomatoes with juice (2 14.5 oz cans)
- 2 tablespoons tomato paste
- 3 (16 ounce) bags frozen mixed vegetables
- heat oil in stock pot over medium heat. Add onion, celery, garlic and seasonings. cook until onions are translucent.
- Add broth, tomatoes and juice, tomatoe paste, and 3 cups water. Bring to a boil and let simmer for 20 minutes.
- Add vegetables and simmer for at least 30 mins before serving. Add more seasonings to taste.
- The longer it simmers the better. Enjoy !