Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
Make and share this Big Batch Veggie Chili recipe from Food.com.
- 2 large carrots, diced
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 (3 5/8 ounce) package chili seasoning mix, kit
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 3 cups tomato juice
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 large zucchini, chopped
- 1 yellow squash, chopped
- 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn
- chopped fresh cilantro
- sour cream
- chopped green onion
- shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- chopped tomato
- Saute carrots and onion in hot oil in a 5 to 6-quart Dutch oven over medium heat for 7 minutes or until onions are translucent.
- Stir in half of red pepper packet from chili kit; stir in all of remaining packets.
- Saute mixture 2 minutes.
- Stir in tomato sauce and next 7 ingredients.
- Bring to a boil; cover, decrease heat to med-low and simmer, stirring occasionally, 30 minutes or until vegetables are tender.
- Serve with desired toppings.
- Tested with Wick Fowler's 2 Alarm Chili Kit.