Recipe by Lil' Brown Bear
Feed a crowd or freeze after prep in smaller containers for future use. You can also divide the dry mix to use like store bought taco seasoning mix.
- 1⁄4 cup instant minced onion or 2 tablespoons onion powder
- 1⁄4 cup paprika
- 2 tablespoons chili powder
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon season salt
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch, mixed with
- 1⁄4 cup cold water (omit water if making dry mix)
- 5 lbs ground meat
- 4 cups water
Directions See How It's Made
- Brown ground meat and drain well.
- In a large sauce pan, combine browned meat, 4 cups water and spices.
- Bring to a boil, reduce heat and simmer 10 minutes.
- Combine cornstarch and cold water and add to meat mixture.
- Simmer a few minutes longer, until mixture has thickened.
- If making a dry mix, combine cornstarch with spices and divide into 5 or 6 packets (foil or small plastic bags work well).
- To use dry mix, brown 1lb of ground meat, combine with 3/4 cup water plus mix packet and simmer for 10 minutes.