Great way to make up a large batch of tomato sauce from your garden to freeze or can for later use.
Make and share this Big Batch Spaghetti Sauce recipe from Food.com.
- Heat oil in large pan.
- Saute onions and garlic until tender.
- Add rest of ingredients.
- Heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat.
- Simmer, partially covered, for 2 hours.
- Stir occasionally.
- After it has simmered, cool completely and store in freezer bags or containers in increments that you find best for your family; (When ready to use, thaw and heat).
- Or process in a boiling covered canner for 35 minutes
- Favorite ingredients can be added like sliced mushrooms, cooked/drained sausage, hamburger, etc.
- This sauce is great for any Italian dish.
- Great as a sauce for pasta and as a pizza sauce.