Prep 45 mins
Cook 15 mins
Delish - what could be better than homemade chocolate truffles? This makes 150 truffles!
Make and share this Big Batch Rich Chocolate Truffles recipe from Food.com.
- 2 lbs dark chocolate
- 1 lb unsalted butter
- 1 pint heavy cream
- 4 fluid ounces brandy or 4 fluid ounces Bourbon or 4 fluid ounces liqueur
- Chop the chocolate and butter into small pieces and place in a large metal bowl.
- Bring the cream to a boil.
- Immediately pour the hot cream over the chocolate and butter.
- Stir until the chocolate and butter are completely melted.
- Stir in the brandy.
- Pour the ganache into a flat, shallow, ungreased pan and chill until firm.
- Shape the ganache into rough balls using a melon ball cutter.
- Immediately drop each ball into a pan of sifted cocoa powder or confectioner s sugar, rolling it around to coat completely.
- Truffles can be stored in the refrigerator for 7 to 10 days.
- Allow them to soften slightly at room temperature before serving.
This recipe is not so good. The truffles ended up more like a fudge. They taste fine but the consistency is off. They do not roll well.