Prep 30 mins
Cook 8 hrs
We make this every year before Thanksgiving and put it in the freezer in three or four containers so we have some to take to every holiday meal. You can adjust the sugar to taste, and I often don't add as much as is called for, and sometimes even leave the jello out completely, especially if I'm making a half batch that I'm not going to freeze. Cook time is chilling time. Not sure about the yield, but I guess it's about 24 cups.
- 3 (12 ounce) packages fresh cranberries
- 5 cups chopped apples
- 2 unpeeled oranges
- 2 peeled oranges
- 2 cups chopped nuts
- 2 (20 ounce) cans crushed pineapple
- 4 cups sugar
- 2 (6 ounce) boxescranberry Jello gelatin
- 1 1⁄2 cups boiling water
- Dissolve jello in boiling water.
- Grind cranberries, apples, oranges in food processor.
- Add chopped nuts, pineapple with juice and sugar.
- Mix in dissolved jello,.
- Stir well and place in the refrigerator to chill or place into containers to go into the freezer.