2 hrs 30 mins
I invented this recipe to use up a bunch of Spanish Rice I had leftover. Everyone it my home group loved it. The ingredients can all be modified based on personal preference and what you have in your cupboard. Plain rice can be substituted for the Spanish Rice. Quantities are estimates, adjust based on the size of your crock pot.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups Spanish rice (see my recipe)
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon chili powder
- 12 corn tortillas
- 3 cups cheddar cheese, grated
- 1 (15 ounce) can chili beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans
- 1 cup frozen corn (may use canned corn)
- 1 (15 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel Tomatoes
- 1 (4 ounce) can diced green chilies
- 1In a large (5 qt) pan, brown the ground beef and drain the fat.
- 2Add the seasonings, plus salt and pepper to taste.
- 3Drain the beans and add to the meat.
- 4Add the corn, tomato sauce, rotel tomatoes (drained), and diced green chilies; mix together.
- 5Cover the bottom of a 6 or 7 quart crock pot with a layer of corn tortillas.
- 6Add a layer of one-third of the rice followed by a layer of one-third of the meat, bean, and corn mixture.
- 7Top with one cup of grated cheddar.
- 8Repeat layers two more times, ending with cheese.
- 9Cook on low 2-4 hours or until warmed through.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big Batch Crock Pot Mexican Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (230 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 414.5
- Calories from Fat 148
- Total Fat 16.5 g
- Saturated Fat 8.4 g
- Cholesterol 55.3 mg
- Sodium 692.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 43.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.8 g
- Sugars 2.3 g
- Protein 25.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: