Recipe by Margie99
This has chocolate chips and a grated chocolate bar. It makes a huge batch of cookies. You could make some now and save some batter for later by rolling it into a log, wrapping it well and freezing it.
- 2 cups butter, softened
- 2 cups sugar
- 2 cups firmly packed brown sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 5 cups quick cooking oatmeal
- 4 cups flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 2 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 cups semisweet chocolate chips
- 7 ounces milk chocolate candy bars, coarsely grated
- 2 cups chopped nuts
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Beat butter, brown sugar and sugar in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy. Add eggs and vanilla and beat until smooth.
- Sift flour, baking soda, baking powder salt and oatmeal into a small bowl. Add to creamed mixture and mix until well combined. Sti r in chocolates chips, grated chocolate and nuts.
- Drop by the Tablespoon onto baking sheets about 2 inches apart. Bake 8-10 minutes until golden brown around the edges. I like to make smaller cookies using my small scoop so I am not really sure how many cookies it makes as written.