Prep 15 mins
Cook 12 mins
Simple to make butterscotch cookies. Makes a huge batch of at least 100 cookies. Great for Holiday baking or family reunions & church socials. Any time you need enough to feed a crowd :)
- 3 cups butter or 3 cups margarine, melted and cooled completely
- 6 large eggs
- 6 cups brown sugar, tightly packed
- 6 teaspoons vanilla
- 6 teaspoons baking powder
- 3 teaspoons baking soda
- 1 teaspoon cream of tartar
- 10 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- Blend well all ingredients except the flour, use an electric mixer if possible.
- Slowly add in 10+1/2 cups of all purpose flour.
- Roll into walnut sized balls; place 2" apart on a lightly greased or parchment-lined cookie sheet.
- Bake 10-12 minutes at 350°F.
It's great to find a large batch of cookies, when I make cookies I have to make two batches of everything I bake. Thank You!! Claire Collins.