1/1 Photo of Big Batch Brownies
1 hr 5 mins
Northern Star's Note:
As kids we always knew when we were going to have company or there was going to be a bake sale somewhere because mom would make these brownies. They are rich, chocolatey and delicious and best of all make a big pan full.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 141.74 g squares bittersweet chocolate
- 177.44 ml butter
- 395.10 ml flour
- 6.16 ml baking powder
- 6.16 ml salt
- 5 eggs
- 591.47 ml sugar
- 6.16 ml vanilla
- 236.59 ml chopped nuts (either pecans or walnuts)
- 1Heat oven to 350.
- 2Melt Chocolate and Butter on low heat. Cool.
- 3Sift Flour, Baking Powder and Salt together - Set aside.
- 4In large bowl beat the eggs well, add the sugar gradually, beating until thick.
- 5Add the Vanilla and melted Chocolate/Butter to the Eggs, blending well.
- 6Stir in the dry ingredients and the nuts.
- 7Pour batter into a greased 11 x 15 sheet pan.
- 8Bake for 30 - 35 minutes until it tests done.
- 9To Make Glaze melt butter and chocolate together in saucepan, remove from heat and add the powdered sugar and the egg stirring constantly.
- 10Pour the Glaze over the warm brownies in pan, and spread evenly.
Browse Our Top Bar Cookie Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Big Batch Brownies
Serving Size: 1 (70 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 20
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 322.0
- Calories from Fat 159
- Total Fat 17.7 g
- Saturated Fat 8.9 g
- Cholesterol 86.3 mg
- Sodium 337.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 38.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.2 g
- Sugars 28.3 g
- Protein 4.5 g