Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
As kids we always knew when we were going to have company or there was going to be a bake sale somewhere because mom would make these brownies. They are rich, chocolatey and delicious and best of all make a big pan full.
- 5 ounces squares bittersweet chocolate
- 3⁄4 cup butter
- 1 2⁄3 cups flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons salt
- 5 eggs
- 2 1⁄2 cups sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons vanilla
- 1 cup chopped nuts (either pecans or walnuts)
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1 1⁄2 squares semisweet chocolate
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 egg
- Heat oven to 350.
- Melt Chocolate and Butter on low heat. Cool.
- Sift Flour, Baking Powder and Salt together - Set aside.
- In large bowl beat the eggs well, add the sugar gradually, beating until thick.
- Add the Vanilla and melted Chocolate/Butter to the Eggs, blending well.
- Stir in the dry ingredients and the nuts.
- Pour batter into a greased 11 x 15 sheet pan.
- Bake for 30 - 35 minutes until it tests done.
- To Make Glaze melt butter and chocolate together in saucepan, remove from heat and add the powdered sugar and the egg stirring constantly.
- Pour the Glaze over the warm brownies in pan, and spread evenly.
These were sooo good! Much better than box brownies! made for Spring PAC 2012