Recipe by adena mangis
This is a batch of beef that can be frozen and used in Time-Saving Tacos, Speedy spaghetti, and Oven-Ready Lasagna. The recipes are from frezzer pleasers in Quick Cooking Collector's Edition.
- 4 lbs ground beef
- 4 medium onions, chopped
- 5 celery ribs, thinly sliced
- 4 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 (28 ounce) cansdiced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 (6 ounce) cans tomato paste
- 2 (4 1/2 ounce) jarssliced mushrooms, drained
- 1⁄4 cup minced fresh parsley
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 2 teaspoons dried oregano
- 2 teaspoons dried basil
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
Directions See How It's Made
- In a Dutch oven over medium heat cook beef, onions, celery, and garlic until meat isn't pink and vegetables are tender; drain.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to a boil and reduce heat. Simmer uncoveredfor 1-1 1/2 hours stirring occasionally.
- Cool and transfer to freezer bags or containers, about 2 cups in each.
- May be frozen for up to 3 months.