Recipe by LizAnn
I adapted this recipe from another one I had. Our family loves them. The Basil sauce makes all the difference.
Top Review by KPD
awesome recipe!!! very different take on the traditional burger! made the burgers up ahead of time and kept in the fridge til ready to cook. let them come up to room temp and just fried these up in a skillet since it's been snowing! nice, easy, and very flavorful!! thanks for the killer keeper, LizAnn!! :D
- 2 lbs ground turkey
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped onion
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced garlic
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 1 egg
- 2 teaspoons ground black pepper
- fresh spinach leaves
- sliced tomatoes
- sliced onion
- sliced avocado
- 1 cup best food mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon Grey Poupon Dijon Mustard
- 1 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- chopped fresh basil
- 6 large wheat hamburger buns
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix together ground turkey, chopped onion, garlic, soy sauce and egg. Mixture will be very wet. Plug in griddle and heat to 350, or you can fry them in a pan with a little cooking spray to keep from sticking.
- divide meat mixture into 6 portions and pat out to about 1/2 thickness. They will be about 4 to 6 inches round. They shrink up a lot so I pat them a little larger than the buns diameter. fry about 5 min and flip and fry on the other side about 5 minutes or until done.
- For sauce: mix together mayo, mustard, tabasco and about 1/2 to 1 cup chopped fresh basil. Place Burger on bun top with sauce, and add desired veggies. MMMM.