Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Er, it's not really a brownie. I hope that hasn't thrown you off or anything. This is my all time favorite burger that was served at Sanfords, before they removed it from the menu and looked me strangely when I tried to describe it. Oh, well, I won't let the man get me down. It's pretty much default for me these days to use lighter ingredients, but of course feel free to do as you please.
- 1 lb 93% lean ground beef
- 8 ounces reduced-fat cream cheese
- barbecue sauce
- 4 slices deli ham
- 4 hamburger buns
- pineapple slice (optional)
- Prepare burgers as you usually would. I like to season mine with dried parsley, onion flakes, pepper, and season salt. 1 lb of ground beef (for me) equals four burgers.
- Grill burgers to your preference.
- Top grilled burgers with a goodly amount of cream cheese, then deli ham on top of cream cheese. Top it all with a dollop of barbecue sauce. My husband likes his with a pineapple slice, but I like it without.
- I usually whip up some oven fries, potato salad, or (if I'm feeling bogged by the week) chips as a side.