Recipe by Annacia
Posted with my dear pancake loving friend Baby Kato in mind. This is an easy recipe for two that can be enjoyed at any time of the day or evening. Special equipment: a well-seasoned 10- to 11-inch heavy cast-iron skillet or other ovenproof skillet
Top Review by Debbwl
Such a special way to start the day! This tasty pancake looks and smells as good as it taste. I made as written cutting the recipe in half and using a 6" cast-iron pan and that made plenty for the two of us. This is a true keeper that I will be using to chase away those dreary winter mornings. Thanks for the post.
- 1⁄4 cup unsalted butter
- 1 large sweet apples, such as gala peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch-wide wedges or 1 large golden delicious apple, peeled, cored, and cut into 1/4-inch-wide wedges
- 1⁄2 cup whole milk
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 4 large eggs
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting
Directions See How It's Made
- You will need a high temp oven proof shillet for this.
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 450°F
- Melt butter in skillet over moderate heat, then transfer 2 tablespoons to a blender. Add apple wedges to skillet and cook, turning over once, until beginning to soften, 3 to 5 minutes.
- While apple is cooking, add milk, flour, eggs, granulated sugar, vanilla, and salt to butter in blender and blend until smooth.
- Pour batter over apple and transfer skillet to oven. Bake until pancake is puffed and golden, about 15 minutes. Dust with confectioners sugar and serve immediately.