Directions See How It's Made
- Slice your favorite baguette.
- Douse with a balsamic vinaigrette (however you like your vinaigrette; I like garlic and shallots) Add thinly sliced tomatoes.
- Add a layer of roasted red peppers.
- Add a generous layer of sliced, fresh mozzarella.
- Sprinkle with herbs (thyme is good with this, or oregano) and salt and pepper.
- BIG AL is best when the flavors have had time to meld.
- It is one of the few sandwiches I make or order when eating at a local restaurant.