Prep 5 mins
Cook 8 mins
This is one of a series of Solo meals that is designed for one, or if served with a salad, it could be a light lunch for two. However the recipe's concept can be expanded to feed a family.
- 4 ounces cooked baby shrimp (the tiny ones)
- 1 1⁄2 cups dry pasta (I like rotini)
- 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, diced
- 2 tablespoons catsup
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 finely diced fresh garlic
- fresh shredded parmesan cheese
- Cook pasta in two quarts of salted water until done (about 8 minutes).
- Place shrimp in a colander and thaw under warm water.
- Place catsup, lemon juice, garlic and olive oil in the bottom of a pasta serving bowl, mix well and adjust taste with salt and pepper if desired.
- Just moments before the pasta is done, add the shrimp to the pasta and then drain in the colander.
- Pour into the pasta bowl, toss to coat, and add the tomatoes.
- Top with Parmasan cheese, and add additional oil is desired.