Recipe by Nif
You only need one pan to prepare this delicious meal. This dish probably originated at the swanky Hotel Rydberg in Stockholm - something of a Swedish Algonquin, a magnet for the glitterati - actors and artists of all stripes. This is supposed to be served with Senapsgrädde (Mustard Cream Sauce). Enjoy!
- 1 lb beef tenderloin, cut into bite-sized cubes
- 1 lb potato, peeled and cut into 3/4-inch dice
- 2 onions, minced
- 4 tablespoons butter, divided
- salt, pepper to taste
- chopped parsley
- Worcestershire sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large skillet, melt 2 tablespoons butter over low heat. Add potatoes to skillet and fry slowly (be patient!) until tender - soft on the inside, browned on the outside. Remove from skillet and set aside (cover to keep warm).
- Heat 2 tablespoons butter in skillet, add onions. Sauté until onions are transparent. Remove from skillet and set aside.
- Salt and pepper meat to taste. Increase heat to high heat, and add meat to skillet. Brown meat, stirring frequently, until meat is browned on the outside, but still pink inside.
- Arrange on a platter with potatoes on one side, meat on the other, divided by the onions. Garnish with chopped parsley and worcestershire sauce. Serve with mustard cream.