Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 24 hrs
A traditional Portuguese dish - got this from my mom. Serve this in a bun - crusty buns work best. Adapted from Ana Patuleia Ortins' Portuguese Homestyle Cooking http://www.Portuguesecooking.com
- Do this the day before: Mash the garlic and salt to form a paste.
- Add the hot pepper paste and 1 teaspoons of paprika.
- Coat the medallions with this paste and put them in a shallow dish.
- Pour the wine over all, make sure they all are covered.
- Refrigerate over night.
- When you are ready to cook them: Take the medallions out of the dish, and discard the marinade.
- Heat 1/2 cup of olive oil over med-high heat.
- Add the onions sautéing until brown.
- Add the rest of the paprika and cook for about 3 minutes.
- Cover and keep this warm.
- In a large skillet pour in enough olive oil to 1/2 of the bottom.
- Heat to very hot but not smoking.
- Brown the medallions a few at a time without crowding.
- Fry about 1 minute on each side.
I'm Portuguese, and live in Portugal, and let me tell you, you've got this receipe down pact, don't forget the bayleaft. I'ts tradition. I'm glad someone remembered this receipe. Thank-you Graybert!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!