Recipe by Tish
Biersuppe...I hope I spelled it correctly is German for Beer Soup. This was in response for finding a use for egg yolks
Top Review by Greyson
It's a bit strong on the beer (but then I don't use budweiser) I think it could be improved by doubling the bread and halving the cheese -- spice to taste with parsley, and whatever you may desire -- serve with a pickle (and the main course obviously) for perfect german bliss...
- 9 cups beer
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 1⁄2 cups sour cream
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons white sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 6 slices French bread, cut into 1 inch cubes
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- In saucepan over medium heat, bring beer, covered, to a boil.
- Beat together in a bowl egg yolks, sour cream, cornstarch, sugar and salt until well blended.
- Transfer mixture to a large saucepan over low heat.
- Pour in beer slowly, stirring until well combined.
- Don't boil.
- To serve, divide bread cubes into six warmed soup bowls.
- Sprinkle cheese over bread.
- Pour hot soup over all and serve.