Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 30 mins
Cook 12 mins
Bierocks (Cabbage Burgers) This recipe comes from a whole lot of trial and error and I think I finally got it right. I believe your family will love it, while the meat mixture is great, the secret is really in the bread. These Bierocks are great for a quick after school snack, wrap the cooled bierock in a paper towel, and place in freezer bag, freeze. Remove one as needed keep wrapped in paper towel and place in microwave on high for about 1 1/2 minutes and enjoy
- roll, dough
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk, slighty warmed
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1⁄4 cup white sugar
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1⁄4 cups bread flour
- 1⁄2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- meat, mixture
- 2 1⁄2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 medium cabbage
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons Accent seasoning
- Roll Dough.
- Place all ingredients in pan of bread machine according to manufacturers direction.
- Select dough setting.
- When cycle is complete, turn out onto floured surface.
- Cut dough in half, roll out appr 1/3 " thick, cut into 5 equal pieces.
- Put large spoon full of meat mixture in center of dough, fold dough over and seal meat mixture into dough, place on greased baking sheet cover with clean towel.
- Let rise in warm dry place for about 1 hour.
- Repeat with other half of dough.
- Meat and cabbage mixture.
- Saute onions just until tender, add ground chuck, brown on medium heat, drain thoroughly. Add crushed red pepper, accent, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer on low for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and cool. Set aside while preparing cabbage.
- Boil small amount of water and tsp of salt in large pot. Chop cabbage, add cabbage to boiling water, cover and simmer on low for approximately 15 minutes, or just until tender. Drain thoroughly and cool. Combine meat mixture and cabbage.
- Bake in 350 degree oven for 12 - 15 minutes.
Oh my gosh! This was the best cabbage burger recipe I have ever had. The ground chuck and cabbage mixture was fantastic, but the dough really made this recipe awesome!!!