Bierocks (Cabbage Burgers) This recipe comes from a whole lot of trial and error and I think I finally got it right. I believe your family will love it, while the meat mixture is great, the secret is really in the bread. These Bierocks are great for a quick after school snack, wrap the cooled bierock in a paper towel, and place in freezer bag, freeze. Remove one as needed keep wrapped in paper towel and place in microwave on high for about 1 1/2 minutes and enjoy
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- roll, dough
- 1 1/4 cups milk, slighty warmed
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 tablespoons butter, softened
- 1/4 cup white sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 3 1/4 cups bread flour
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 teaspoons bread machine yeast
- meat, mixture
- 2 1/2 lbs ground chuck
- 1 medium cabbage
- 1 small chopped onion
- 2 teaspoons crushed red pepper flakes (optional)
- salt and pepper
- 2 teaspoons Accent seasoning
- 1Roll Dough.
- 2Place all ingredients in pan of bread machine according to manufacturers direction.
- 3Select dough setting.
- 4When cycle is complete, turn out onto floured surface.
- 5Cut dough in half, roll out appr 1/3 " thick, cut into 5 equal pieces.
- 6Put large spoon full of meat mixture in center of dough, fold dough over and seal meat mixture into dough, place on greased baking sheet cover with clean towel.
- 7Let rise in warm dry place for about 1 hour.
- 8Repeat with other half of dough.
- 9Meat and cabbage mixture.
- 10Saute onions just until tender, add ground chuck, brown on medium heat, drain thoroughly. Add crushed red pepper, accent, and salt and pepper to taste. Simmer on low for 5 minutes, stirring often. Remove from heat and cool. Set aside while preparing cabbage.
- 11Boil small amount of water and tsp of salt in large pot. Chop cabbage, add cabbage to boiling water, cover and simmer on low for approximately 15 minutes, or just until tender. Drain thoroughly and cool. Combine meat mixture and cabbage.
- 12Bake in 350 degree oven for 12 - 15 minutes.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bierocks (Cabbage Burgers) for Bread Machine
Serving Size: 1 (252 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.7
- Calories from Fat 127
- Total Fat 14.1 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 105.2 mg
- Sodium 317.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.5 g
- Sugars 8.7 g
- Protein 29.8 g
The following items or measurements are not included: