Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Think a proper Italian mocha (from the New York Times)
- 1⁄3 cup dark chocolate, shaved and high quality
- 2⁄3 cup heavy cream, chilled
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- 2⁄3 cup ground espresso
- At least 15 minutes before making the bicerin, place stainless steel cocktail shaker or jar in the freezer and fill two water goblets or irish coffee mugs with hot tap water.
- In a small saucepan combine chocolate with 2/3 cup water and set over medium heat.
- Simmer for 10 minutes or until chocolate coats the spoon.
- Add sugar to taste and turn off heat.
- Empty glasses and wipe dry.
- Remove shaker from freezer and add cream. Shake vigorously for 1 minute.
- Make espresso and add a shot to each glass with 1/3 cup chocolate mixture.
- Carefully spoon 1/3 cup cream over top and serve immediately.