Recipe by baking&biking
From the Minneapolis Star Tribune. Chocolate and espresso, what more could you want?
- 1⁄3 cup high-quality cocoa powder or 1⁄3 cup dark chocolate shavings or 1⁄3 cup hot chocolate powder
- 2⁄3 cup chilled heavy cream
- ground espresso (enough for 2 long shots, about 1/3 cup each)
Directions See How It's Made
- At least 15 minutes before making bicerin, place stainless steel cocktail shaker or jar in the freezer.
- Fill 2 water goblets or Irish coffee mugs with hot tap water.
- In a small saucepan, combine chocolate with 2/3 cup water and set over medium heat. Simmer, stirring occasionally, until chocolate coats spoon, about 10 minutes.
- Add sugar to taste and shut off heat.
- Empty glasses and wipe dry.
- Remove shaker or jar from freezer, add cream, and shake vigorously 1 minute.
- Make espresso.
- To each glass, add a shot of espresso and 1/3 cup chocolate, and carefully spoon 1/3 cup cream over top. Serve immediately.