Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
People were looking for this recipe. Hope is the recipe everyone is looking for. This is a Philipino rice pudding that they serve with ice cream; uses malagkit rice.
- 4 cups coconut milk
- 2 cups rice, glutinous
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 1⁄4 cups brown sugar, divided
- 3⁄4 cup coconut milk, thick
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- Bring coconut milk to a boil in a 3.0 large skillet; do not burn.
- Add rice and salt; cook on medium heat; you must stir until rice is tender and almost dry, about 15 to 20 minutes.
- Stir in 3/4 cup cup brown sugar; lower heat and cook, covered, for 5 minutes.
- Spread cooked rice mixture in a greased foil lined 8 inch pan.
- Combine the remaining brown sugar and the 3/4 cup thick coconut milk.
- Pour on top of rice in the pan; spread evenly.
- Broil in oven for 5 minutes or until top is brown.