Recipe by Chef Kimchee
Made with Mochiko (sweet rice flour) and coconut milk. This is one of my favorite Filipino desserts that I had growing up. Pieces of this dessert are like eating Pringles...you can't eat just one.
- 453.59 g mochiko sweet rice flour (1 box)
- 118.29 ml butter (1 stick)
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 4 eggs
- 4.92 ml vanilla
- 4.92 ml baking powder
- 1.23 ml salt
- 226.79 g sour cream
- 396.89 g coconut milk (1 can)
- 118.29 ml shredded coconut (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees and butter or spray a 9 x 13 glass dish.
- Cream the butter, sugar and eggs in a bowl.
- Add remaining ingredients and blend well.
- Pour into glass dish and bake for 40-50 minutes.
- Edges should have a nice light brown color while the middle is a nice cream color. Eat hot or cold.
- (Optional) I like to add the shredded coconut to the batter. For the last 15 minutes of baking, I also like to take some of the shredded coconut and sprinkle it to the top of the cake to toast the coconut. Very delicious!