Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This quick and easy recipe is one of Korea's national dishes. Made for a Tag Game. Loved it and thought something so easy to make was so full of flavor. Very much a one pot meal.
- 3 cups cabbage kimchi (King's is a good brand)
- 1 lb lean ground beef
- 1 tablespoon sesame oil
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- 3 tablespoons green onions, diced
- 1⁄2 ounce garlic, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 4 cups cooked rice
- 2 -4 eggs, fried (optional)
- Chop kimchi into small pieces.
- Mix meat and seasonings together. Cook meat until brown.
- Add rice and kimchi to meat in pan and stir fry for 2-3 minutes to heat rice and kimchi up. Serve with fried egg on top of each serving.
Great, but mine needed a little spice. I think it's because I used the mild kim chi. Next time I'll get the hot which will balance nicely with the rice. Used brown rice also. Made for my lovely friend who loves all things Korean. Thanks for the keeper!