Recipe by Dreamer in Ontario
Another much loved recipe by my DH's mom After reading reviewers comments I've decided to reduce the amount of macaroni to 8 oz from 1 lb.
Top Review by Boomette
I used 1 onion. This is easy to do. We didn't like the clove taste so next time I'll omit that. I added more cheese on top. It could be great to stir some cheese in the pasta and meat. Thanks Dreamer :) Made for Holiday tag game
- 8 ounces macaroni
- 1⁄4 onion
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 lb ground beef
- 1 garlic clove
- 28 ounces tomatoes
- 1 bay leaf
- 1 pinch ground cloves
- 1⁄4 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1⁄2 cup cheddar cheese, shredded
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Cook macaroni in boiling water until cooked.
- Fry onion and garlic in butter.
- Add ground beef and brown.
- Add tomatoes and cook 5 minutes.
- Add bay leaf, cloves, salt, pepper and crushed chillies.
- Place meat mixture and macaroni into oven proof dish.
- Mix well.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 15 minutes.