Prep 35 mins
Cook 30 mins
Traditional stuffed peppers, popular in Eastern countries such as Georgia, Turkey, Iran and Armenia.
- 4 big red peppers
- 300 g minced beef or 300 g ground lamb
- 100 g rice
- 1 big yellow onion
- 1 tablespoon tomato concentrate
- 1 teaspoon dried mint
- 1 teaspoon coriander
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch black pepper
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- Cut the tops of the peppers off, creating a 'lid' and clean the seeds out.
- Mix meat with all the spices, chopped onion and lemon juice. Boil rice, sieve it and add to the mix.
- Stuff peppers evenly and bake for 30 minutes at 250 degrees Centigrade.