Recipe by winter rowand
this is an eel dish your sure to love. prosciutto, or plain julienne ham can be substituted for jambon de bayonne (french ham)this is very rich in flavor.
- 2 lbs eel, cut in 2-inch slices
- 1 tablespoon salt & pepper
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 large spainish onion, sliced thin
- 3 red bell peppers, sliced thin
- 1 dried red chili pepper, d'epalette
- 4 garlic cloves, sliced thin
- 2 ounces jambon de bayonne ham, sliced julienne thin
- 1 cup dry white bordeaux
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh tomato
- 2 tablespoons real butter
Directions See How It's Made
- pre heat oven 450 f.
- season eel with salt and pepper, set aside.
- in a 12 to 14" pan heat oil until smoking.
- add onion, peppers, chile, garlic and ham saute till soft 8 to 10 minutes.
- place in a square cake pan.
- add wine, tomatoes,butter and eel.
- place in oven cook till eel is throughly cooked about 20 -25 mins remove ans serve immediately.