2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
This is a traditional Sicilian dessert. My mother taught me this version. It is alternating layers of cornstarch pudding and pound cake. Served cold.
My Private Note
8 by 8 ...
Units: US | Metric
- 1In large, heavy saucepan, scald milk (do not boil). Turn down heat.
- 2In a large measuring cup or small bowl with a spout, combine cold milk with cornstarch until mixed.
- 3Add the sugar, vanilla and salt to the cold milk mixture.
- 4Gradually add the cold milk mixture to the hot milk in the saucepan, stirring constantly. Slowly cook over low heat until the mixture thickens enough to coat the spoon.
- 5Slice the pound cake into thin slices (this is easier if it is still a little frozen).
- 6In a glass dish, layer the pudding with the pound cake, sprinkling each layer of pound cake with the frangelico and cinnamon before adding the next layer of pudding.
- 7Top with chocolate shavings - use a vegetable peeler along the edge of a large, room temperature chocolate bar.
- 8Let cool in refrigerator until set - at least 2 hours.
Nutritional Facts for Biancomangiare
Serving Size: 1 (171 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 393.8
- Calories from Fat 130
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 5.6 g
- Cholesterol 45.9 mg
- Sodium 463.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 57.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 25.9 g
- Protein 8.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: