Prep 2 mins
Cook 8 mins
A chef from Biaggi's Italian Restaurant in Salt Lake City demonstrated his method for making this entree on a cooking segment of the local television news. Biaggi's menu states: Grilled chicken, bowtie pasta, roasted peppers, crispy Italian cured ham, sautéed red onions and peas tossed in our Alfredo sauce with asiago cheese. I can't wait to try this yummy dish!
- 1⁄8 cup prosciutto or 1⁄8 cup bacon, cut into 1/2-inch pieces
- 1⁄8 cup diced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup sliced grilled chicken or 1⁄4 cup sliced baked chicken
- 1⁄8 cup diced roasted red pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chicken stock
- 1⁄2 cup alfredo sauce
- 1⁄8 cup frozen peas
- 1 1⁄2 cups cooked farfalle pasta or 1 1⁄2 cups pasta, of your choice cooked al dente
- 2 tablespoons fresh-grated parmesan cheese (use a 50/50 blend of Parmesan & Romano cheese if possible)
- 2 tablespoons fresh-grated asiago cheese
- Fry Prosciutto or bacon in a large skillet for 1-2 minutes; add onions to skillet and continue cooking until Prosciutto is browned; drain any excess fat; add chicken and red peppers to skillet; add chicken stock and deglaze the skillet; add alfredo sauce and gently bring to a boil; add peas.
- Meanwhile, refresh the pasta by placing it into boiling water for 30-60 seconds; drain pasta then add it to the skillet; increase heat to high and toss contents of skillet for 20-30 seconds; remove from heat and add cheeses; toss to distribute evenly; serve.