Recipe by Deb's Recipes
From Biaggi's Italian Restaurant in Salt Lake City, this scrumptious alfredo sauce is meant to go with another recipe I submitted: Biaggi's Farfalle Alfredo.
Top Review by NcMysteryShopper
Great Alfredo Sauce Recipe! I used this for the sauce in KitchenExpeditions® Special-TeaMmmm Pizza!! recipe #175879 and it was perfect. I just made 1/2 a cup by reducing the recipe to .125 quarts. I was out of corn starch and 1 Tablespoon of flour thickened the sauce perfectly and did not lend itself to the flavor. Thanks Deb!
- 1⁄8 cup butter
- 1⁄2 tablespoon garlic, puree
- 1⁄4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 1⁄2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄8 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3⁄8 cup fresh-grated parmesan cheese (use a 50/50 blend of Parmesan & Romano cheese if possible)
- 3 tablespoons cups fresh-grated asiago cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat; add pureed garlic and diced onions; cook about five minutes until the onions are tender and translucent.
- Whisk in milk, cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper; slowly bring the mixture up to a boil stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- Dissolve cornstarch in water; mix well so that there are no lumps; slowly add cornstarch mixture just as the sauce comes to a boil and whisk well; allow mixture to come back to a boil.
- Turn off heat and stir in the cheeses; blend well, even using a small hand blender if possible, for three or more minutes until sauce is very smooth.
- NOTE: You may use a regular blender if desired, but please be careful with the hot sauce and only puree one to two cups of it at a time ~ Use of blender is not absolutely required.
- Taste sauce and season as desired; keep warm for immediate use or cool and store in refrigerator until needed.