1/1 Photo of Biaggi's Alfredo Sauce
Deb's Recipes's Note:
From Biaggi's Italian Restaurant in Salt Lake City, this scrumptious alfredo sauce is meant to go with another recipe I submitted: Biaggi's Farfalle Alfredo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/8 cup butter
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, puree
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/8 cup fresh-grated parmesan cheese (use a 50/50 blend of Parmesan & Romano cheese if possible)
- 3 tablespoons cups fresh-grated asiago cheese
- 1Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat; add pureed garlic and diced onions; cook about five minutes until the onions are tender and translucent.
- 2Whisk in milk, cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper; slowly bring the mixture up to a boil stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- 3Dissolve cornstarch in water; mix well so that there are no lumps; slowly add cornstarch mixture just as the sauce comes to a boil and whisk well; allow mixture to come back to a boil.
- 4Turn off heat and stir in the cheeses; blend well, even using a small hand blender if possible, for three or more minutes until sauce is very smooth.
- 5NOTE: You may use a regular blender if desired, but please be careful with the hot sauce and only puree one to two cups of it at a time ~ Use of blender is not absolutely required.
- 6Taste sauce and season as desired; keep warm for immediate use or cool and store in refrigerator until needed.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Biaggi's Alfredo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.8
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 63.1 mg
- Sodium 359.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: