1/1 Photo of Biaggi's Alfredo Sauce
Deb's Recipes's Note:
From Biaggi's Italian Restaurant in Salt Lake City, this scrumptious alfredo sauce is meant to go with another recipe I submitted: Biaggi's Farfalle Alfredo.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/8 cup butter
- 1/2 tablespoon garlic, puree
- 1/4 cup yellow onion, finely diced
- 2 1/2 cups milk
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1/8 cup cornstarch
- 3 tablespoons water
- 3/8 cup fresh-grated parmesan cheese (use a 50/50 blend of Parmesan & Romano cheese if possible)
- 3 tablespoons cups fresh-grated asiago cheese
- 1Melt butter in a sauce pan over medium heat; add pureed garlic and diced onions; cook about five minutes until the onions are tender and translucent.
- 2Whisk in milk, cream, nutmeg, salt, and pepper; slowly bring the mixture up to a boil stirring frequently to prevent sticking.
- 3Dissolve cornstarch in water; mix well so that there are no lumps; slowly add cornstarch mixture just as the sauce comes to a boil and whisk well; allow mixture to come back to a boil.
- 4Turn off heat and stir in the cheeses; blend well, even using a small hand blender if possible, for three or more minutes until sauce is very smooth.
- 5NOTE: You may use a regular blender if desired, but please be careful with the hot sauce and only puree one to two cups of it at a time ~ Use of blender is not absolutely required.
- 6Taste sauce and season as desired; keep warm for immediate use or cool and store in refrigerator until needed.
Browse Our Top Savory Sauces Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Biaggi's Alfredo Sauce
Serving Size: 1 (127 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 207.8
- Calories from Fat 162
- Total Fat 18.0 g
- Saturated Fat 11.2 g
- Cholesterol 63.1 mg
- Sodium 359.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 5.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included: