1/2 Photos of Bi Bim Bap
Bibim bap literally means "mixing rice". Delicious, healthy, traditional Korean dish with lots of veggies. This can be made with many different vegetables, so pick your favorite combo! Most common is mung beansprouts, carrots, cucumbers, and spinach. Korean hot sauce is served on the side. (it's sweet with a kick to it!)
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups uncooked sticky rice (Japanese or Korean short grain rice)
- 1 lb lean ground beef or 4 boneless skinless chicken thighs
- 2 cups carrots, shredded
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) can corn kernels, drained
- 16 ounces frozen spinach, defrosted (1 package)
- 2 zucchini, sliced into strips
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup light soy sauce
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1/8 cup garlic, chopped
- sesame oil, for frying
- salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons hot pepper paste (gochujang)
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar (for gochujang)
- 1 tablespoon sesame seeds (for gochujang) (optional)
- 1Cook the rice as directed on package. (usually about 1.25-1.5 cups of water per cup of rice, bring to a boil, then simmer covered for 25 minutes).
- 2Combine granulated sugar and brown sugar. Add soy sauce and half of the garlic, stir with a spoon. Add ground beef, mix well, and set aside. (or chop chicken into bite size pieces, add to marinade, mix well).
- 3Quickly stirfry the corn kernels dry or in vegetable oil with a pinch of salt, set aside.
- 4Stirfry carrots with a teaspoon of sugar until soft. Set aside.
- 5Stirfry zucchini in sesame oil, add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- 6Stirfry spinach in sesame oil with the remaining garlic, add salt and pepper to taste. Set aside.
- 7Cook the eggs over easy or sunnyside up, but leave the yolk a little runny.
- 8Stirfry ground beef until cooked through. Remove from pan and set aside. (for chicken, stirfry chicken, remove from pan, then thicken marinade in the pan).
- 9Mix the gochujang, sugar, and sesame seeds.
- 10Divide and arrange the vegetables neatly over the 5 bowls of rice, add ground beef, and place the egg on top.
- 11Mix together and enjoy!
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bi Bim Bap
Serving Size: 1 (578 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 706.9
- Calories from Fat 143
- Total Fat 15.8 g
- Saturated Fat 5.5 g
- Cholesterol 244.9 mg
- Sodium 1896.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 103.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 9.5 g
- Sugars 15.9 g
- Protein 40.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
hot pepper paste