Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Pakistani recipe for minced meat - can be made with chicken mince, beef mince or mutton mince.
- 1⁄2 kg beef mince
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 6 -7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 inches piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 -1 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 -12 peppercorns
- 2 black cardamom pods
- 7 -8 cloves
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 2 -3 whole red chilies, dried
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mint, chopped
- 7 -8 green chilies
- Heat oil and fry onions till golden brown.
- add cinnamon, peppercorns, cardamom and cloves. stir fry for 1 minute.
- add in garlic and ginger paste, fry another minute.
- throw in the cumin, stir, and then add meat. Stir it around on medium high heat till the meat changes color.
- add salt, red chillies, stir and then lower heat, cover, and let the mince simmer in its own water about 25-30 minutes.
- remove cover, increase heat and fry well for 1 minute. add 1/2 cup yogurt and cook well - constantly stirring - 1-2 more minutes.
- add coriander leaves and whole green chillies, stir well. then cover and turn off heat.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped mint leaves.
My boyfriend raved about this and has been asking me to cook it again ever since. I used ground cinnamon and cardamom as I didn't have the whole spice and it turned out fine. Make sure you put the fresh mint and coriander on top, when I went back for seconds I didn't have any left and it wasn't nearly as good without.