Recipe by grapefruit
Pakistani recipe for minced meat - can be made with chicken mince, beef mince or mutton mince.
Top Review by SarahChef
My boyfriend raved about this and has been asking me to cook it again ever since. I used ground cinnamon and cardamom as I didn't have the whole spice and it turned out fine. Make sure you put the fresh mint and coriander on top, when I went back for seconds I didn't have any left and it wasn't nearly as good without.
- 1⁄2 kg beef mince
- 3 medium onions, chopped
- 6 -7 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 inches piece fresh ginger, minced
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 -1 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 1 teaspoon coriander seed
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 10 -12 peppercorns
- 2 black cardamom pods
- 7 -8 cloves
- 1⁄2 cup yogurt
- 2 -3 whole red chilies, dried
- 1⁄2 cup coriander leaves, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup mint, chopped
- 7 -8 green chilies
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil and fry onions till golden brown.
- add cinnamon, peppercorns, cardamom and cloves. stir fry for 1 minute.
- add in garlic and ginger paste, fry another minute.
- throw in the cumin, stir, and then add meat. Stir it around on medium high heat till the meat changes color.
- add salt, red chillies, stir and then lower heat, cover, and let the mince simmer in its own water about 25-30 minutes.
- remove cover, increase heat and fry well for 1 minute. add 1/2 cup yogurt and cook well - constantly stirring - 1-2 more minutes.
- add coriander leaves and whole green chillies, stir well. then cover and turn off heat.
- Serve hot, garnished with chopped mint leaves.