Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Posted for ZWT-6 for India. Serve with hot, cooked rice. From the Usborne Children's World Cookbook given to my son, from Gramma, when he started learning to cook.
- 1 onion, peeled and chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 3 medium tomatoes, cut into quarters
- 1 1⁄2 lbs lean lamb, cut into 1-inch cubes
- 1 pinch salt
- 4 tablespoons lemon juice
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1 teaspoon chili powder (or more to taste)
- 2 teaspoons ground coriander
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon turmeric
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 bouillon cube, any flavor
- 1 cup boiling water
- 14 ounces tomatoes
- In large bowl, combine the lamb, salt and the lemon juice. Mix well, then leave it to soak for 15 minutes.
- Melt the butter in a in a dutch oven, or a deep pan, and cook the onion and garlic over a low heat for about five minutes, until soft.
- Add the lamb and the spices to the pan.
- Combine the boiling water and bouillon cube then add it to the pan. Add the can of tomatoes and simmer over low heat, stirring occasionally.
- Cook the mixture for 20-25 minutes.