Recipe by Nisha
Its a sindhi dal, found in a magazine...submitted by Roma ghosh...its different...and very easy to prepare.
- 1 cup mung dal
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1 teaspoon amchur (dry mango powder)
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed
- 2 tablespoons oil
- cilantro (to garnish)
Directions See How It's Made
- Soak the mung dal in water for 1 hour, drain and keep aside.
- Heat water in a pan, add salt, turmeric and the soaked mung dal.
- Cook the mung dal on low flame with closed lid until all the water has evaporated and the mung is cooked but not soggy.
- Remove from fire, transfer to a serving dish and sprinkle the rest of the spices.
- Heat oil in a small wok crackle the cumin seeds in it and pour it over the dal.
- Sprinkle chopped cilantro and serve with sindhi Phulkas or paranthas and mixed vegetable pickle.