Recipe by Nisha
Found in Femina submitted by Roma Ghosh...it's a sindhi pulao served with sai bhaji. I had it with plain curd and it was still "A good".
- 1 cup long-grain rice
- 1 onion, peeled and cut into slices
- 1 bay leaf (tej patta)
- 3 cardamoms (elaichis)
- 1⁄2 inch cinnamon
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons ghee or 2 tablespoons clarified butter
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat ghee in a thick bottomed pan.
- Splutter the cardamoms and bay leaf and cinnamon.
- Add the onion slices and fry till golden brown.
- Add the rice, turmeric and salt and continue to cook over a low flame for 3 to 4 minutes stirring gently.
- Add 1 1/2 to 2 cups of water and cover the pan with a lid.
- Cook the rice on a low flame until the rice is cooked.
- If there is excess water drain it off.
- Serve hot with-- a smile-- and pickles-- raitas, sai bhaji, plain curd anything--.