Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
WOW! I Love Rotis!
- 1 1⁄2 cups whole wheat flour
- 1⁄2 cup rice flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon cumin seed (toasted, ground)
- 3 serrano chilies (seeded, minced)
- 3 tablespoons cashews (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons cilantro (minced)
- 1 pinch saffron thread
- water (as needed)
- canola oil (as needed)
- Combine the flours, salt, oil, seeds, chilies, cashews, cilantro, saffron and enough water to bind.
- Knead until smooth.
- Divide into 8 pieces.
- Roll out each into a 6 inch round.
- Heat 2 iron skillets, one dry one with a little oil in it.
- Dry roast rotis until speckled on both sides, then transfer to oiled skillet to brown longer.
- Repeat. Keep warm between foil.