Prep 20 mins
Cook 40 mins
serve with roti
- 150 g okra
- 200 g skinless chicken
- 1 medium onion, skinned and finely chopped
- 1 inch piece fresh ginger, peeled & chopped
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 2 tablespoons coriander leaves, fresh
- 3 whole tomatoes
- 1 teaspoon coriander powder
- 1⁄3 teaspoon garam masala
- 2 medium onions, cut in thin slices
- 6 -8 green chilies, thinly sliced
- Cut the chicken into 1 12 inch pieces.Put the onions,garlic,salt, chili powder, ground coriander, and meat in a heavy based pot. cook for 20 to 25 minutes, or until the meat is half cook.
- Add tomatoes and ginger in the meat and cook for 5 minutes, stir all the time to mashed the tomatoes.
- Prepare bhuna gosht. Meanwhile wash Okra under running water, dry with tea cloth or just spread in a tray for some time. Now cut Okra by removing head and tail in to half inch slices.
- In a large pan heat oil over high heat, add onions and fry until change color and edges turn light brown. Remove onion from oil and keep aside.
- .Fry Okra in the same oil until it changes its color and edges start getting brown. Remove Okra from oil and discard oil.
- Put Okra, onions and green chilli into hot bhuna meat. Stir with care, cover the pan and cook for about 10 minutes over low heat.
Thanks for a great recipe, it came out delicious.
Great dish! I love okra, and this just fit the bill. Only change I made was using canned okras because fresh aren't available here. I fried them none the less, although they got more soggy than crisp, but the taste was delicious. Will make this again - thanks for sharing this recipe! Made for India - More Than Curry Tag Game.