Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
tasty and easy main or side dish.
- 2 medium sized onions
- 3 tablespoons oil
- 400 g ladyfingers
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate seeds, powder (anardana powder)
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon coriander powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon turmeric powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garam masala powder
- 1 teaspoon red chili powder
- Wash, wipe and trim ladyfingers.
- Make a deep slit on one side of the ladyfinger to create a pocket.
- Take off and finely slice onion.
- Mix red chilli powder, coriander powder, turmeric powder, pomegranate seed powder, garam masala powder and salt with four-tbsp oil to make a thick paste.
- Stuff the ladyfingers liberally with this masala paste.
- Heat up oil in a pot and stir fry cut onion for two to three minutes or until translucent.
- Gently slide in the stuffed ladyfingers and stir fry on medium heat up for five minutes turning them occasionally.
- Sprinkle lemon juice and serve hot.