Recipe by Peggy loves Dessert
Toddlers love these healthy, protein filled meal-in-a-patty! this is my version of the one on page 253 of the Better Homes and Gardens new cookbook. I've changed things a little, to make it more toddler friendly, but it's still totally adult friendly too!
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 2 (6 ounce) cans salmon, drained (small tuna fish size cans) or 1 (7 3/4 ounce) can salmon, drained, flaked, and skin and bones removed (ick...go with the tuna size cans...much easier)
- 1⁄2 cup crushed Ritz crackers or 1⁄2 cup crushed kashi cracker
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1⁄8 teaspoon pepper
Directions See How It's Made
- Mix everything together, heat 1 tbs cooing oil in skillet, form mixture into patties and fry in hot oil about 6 minutes or till golden brown, turning once.
- make patty size based on audience. toddlers like silver dollar sized patties. adults like burger sized.
- add old bay seasoning for an adult twist.