Peggy loves Dessert's Note:
Toddlers love these healthy, protein filled meal-in-a-patty! this is my version of the one on page 253 of the Better Homes and Gardens new cookbook. I've changed things a little, to make it more toddler friendly, but it's still totally adult friendly too!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 egg white, beaten
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 teaspoon instant minced onion
- 2 (6 ounce) cans salmon, drained (small tuna fish size cans) or 1 (7 3/4 ounce) can salmon, drained, flaked, and skin and bones removed (ick...go with the tuna size cans...much easier)
- 1/2 cup crushed Ritz crackers or 1/2 cup crushed kashi cracker
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 2 teaspoons all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/8 teaspoon pepper
- 1Mix everything together, heat 1 tbs cooing oil in skillet, form mixture into patties and fry in hot oil about 6 minutes or till golden brown, turning once.
- 2make patty size based on audience. toddlers like silver dollar sized patties. adults like burger sized.
- 3add old bay seasoning for an adult twist.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Bhg Salmon Patties
Serving Size: 1 (84 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 3
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 261.1
- Calories from Fat 129
- Total Fat 14.4 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 90.3 mg
- Sodium 243.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 2.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.1 g
- Sugars 0.3 g
- Protein 29.0 g