Prep 25 mins
Cook 20 mins
From the 2008 November issue of BHG. This is a perfect combination for Thanksgiving flavor without cooking a turkey.
- 8 small skinless chicken thighs
- 3⁄4 cup light cranberry juice
- 3⁄4 cup fresh cranberries
- 2 sprigs fresh thyme
- 4 teaspoons brown sugar, packed
- fresh thyme leave (to garnish)
- Pre-heat oven to 350 degrees. Coat extra large oven proof skillet with non stick cooking spray. Heat over medium-high heat. Sprinkle 1/4 teaspoons each of salt and pepper on thighs. In hot skillet cook, meaty sides down, 5 minutes, turning once, until well browned on both sides. Transfer skillet to oven. Roast, uncovered, 20 minutes, until chicken is no longer pink.
- Meanwhile, in saucepan combine juice, berries, thyme sprigs, brown sugar, and 1/4 teaspoons salt. Bring to boiling. SImmer, uncovered, 15 to 20 minutes, until slightly thickened. Discard thyme sprigs. Serve chicken with sauce and sprinkle with thyme leaves.
This was absolutely delicious and one of the easiest recipes I have ever made.