Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This is my favorite beef stroganoff--no canned soup! I always use leftover steak in this recipe, and add paprika and garlic powder. Enjoy!
- 12 ounces boneless beef top sirloin steaks (or leftover steak)
- 1 (8 ounce) carton sour cream (lowfat is fine)
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons beef bouillon granules
- 1⁄4 teaspoon black pepper (or to taste)
- 1 tablespoon olive oil (the original called for 2 tablespoons butter or margarine)
- 2 cups fresh mushrooms, sliced
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced (or more!)
- 2 cups cooked noodles
- If desired, partially freeze beef for easier slicing. Trim fat from meat. Thinly slice meat across the grain into bite-size strips.
- In a small bowl stir together sour cream and flour. Stir in water, bouillon granules, and pepper; set aside.
- In a large skillet cook and stir the meat, mushrooms, onion, and garlic in hot butter over medium-high heat for 5 minutes or until desired doneness. Drain off fat.
- Stir sour cream mixture into skillet. Cook and stir until thickened and bubbly. Cook and stir for 1 minute more. Serve over noodles.
This is so good and so easy I have
de it now four times we use beef tenderloin thanks for posting
I have been looking for this recipe! This is the ONLY Stroganoff recipe! Thanks for posting!